1. Last night I saw a bright light, like a spotlight. There were silhouettes of hands.
2. I watched for a while, and the hands moved but the light stood still. The air felt wobbly, like air-flavored Jell-O.
3. I got back in my car and started the motor at midnight exactly. That's when I heard that voice from the future.
4. Boy howdy, it was cold. Too cold to discuss, so I'd like to move on.
5. "We live without sadness now, and without death. At first we had a crisis of luxury, but we met it with a new challenge: the opportunity for boundless growth." That's what the voices said. I was there.
6. The dogs were all very calm, like the voice was soothing to them.
7. My radio was playing crisp, vibrant jazz. I've never heard that station before, or any of the mousic.
8. I asked why this was happening.
9. "I know everything's better now," said the voice, answering me, "But sometimes I miss the old familiar trouble."
10. No regrets, I thought to myself, as I picked up the little robot and let it scamper into my ear. Nostalgia, perhaps, but no regrets.
11. When I woke up this morning, my feet were still very, very large, but I have had the flavor of ginger in my mouth ever since.