Please note that this is a perfectly spherical company in a vacuum at absolute zero temperature.
The CEO, who will no doubt die very soon in the vacuum and temperature, wishes to demonstrate how cool the new modems are, with a demonstration while the product is still being improved.
Exercises for the Reader:
1. How many bpss must the GedankeTech modem rate in order to match speed with a 56k modem downloading a 1 Meg file (assume that 56k=57344 bps and 1M=8388608 bits) from an equal start? Show all work.
2. Generalizing the formula, how many bpss must the GedankeTech modem rate in order to match speed with an X bps modem downloading a Y bit file from an equal start? Show all work.
3. Solve Exercise 1 without using integral calculus. You may use any other accepted mathematical method.
4. Solve Exercise 1 without using the cerebrum in any way. You may use any other human bodily organ, including other parts of the nervous system.
5. Solve Exercise 1 before 1977 without using time travel. You may use Voodoo.